What are Cookies?
Cookies and other similar tracking technologies are small text files or code placed on your device (e.g. computer, smartphone or other electronic device) when you use our website. These help us recognise you and your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions.
Type of cookies
Cookies may be:
- First party - these cookies are set by this website and only this website can read them.
- Third-party - these cookies are set by a third party; we have no control over third-party cookies. These third party cookies might track how you use different websites, including our website.
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies — these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and use its features. Without these cookies, the website features and services you have asked for could not be provided.
- Session cookies — these cookies only last as long as your online session, and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies — these cookies stay on your computer or device after your browser has been closed and last for a time specified in the cookie. We use persistent cookies when we need to know who you are for more than one browsing session. For example, we use them to remember your preferences for the next time you visit.
- Analytics cookies — these cookies collect information about how you use our website, e.g. which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you and are only used to improve how our website works.
- Functionality cookies — these cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Advertising cookies — these cookies are used to deliver personalised and non-personalised adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a site and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
What cookies we use
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
|Cookie Name||First or Third Party||Cookie type||Cookie Purpose||Duration|
We will ask for your consent to place cookies on your device, except where they are strictly necessary for us to provide you with a service that you have requested.
Third-party access to the cookies
How to turn off all cookies and consequences of doing so
If you do not want to accept any cookies, you may be able to change your browser settings so that cookies (including those which are essential to the services requested) are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our website.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the guidance on cookies published by the UK Information Commissioner's Office, https://www.aboutcookies.org or https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
How to contact
Changes to this policy
We may update this Cookies Policy from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to the cookies we use or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons. The date at the bottom of this Cookies Policy indicates when it was last updated.
This policy was last updated on: 21 November 2022